Before I start in on the exciting news about Valentine’s Day cards and birth announcements, I apologize for being away from the blog for so long! This recent holiday season was a VERY busy one for Jill Carmel Photography and I’m just now finding some time to devote to the blog. I have TONS of sessions to share of some seriously lovely newborn babies, teens and families. So stay tuned!
But first, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, I recently changed the look and feel of my website, blog and packaging to something that I felt was just more “me”. It became a little more playful, a little simpler in design and a LOT more eco-friendly. Most of my current packaging is now either made from recycled products or is compostable in itself (even the gift bags are made of pulverized limestone and you’d never even know it!).
Then I started hearing from my clients that they were looking for more environmentally friendly options in greeting cards and birth announcements. Well, “That’s wonderful!” I said, so I started surveying to find out what else they were looking for and here are just a few common client requests:
– modern designs
– very heavy-weight matte paper
– rounded corners
– fast turn-around
– address service
– affordable price point
So I’ve spent the last few months researching all of the card companies out there to find the very best one, and, finally, I discovered Paper Culture — and they’re even better than what I was hoping for!
Six Reasons why making photo-cards with Paper Culture is just plain awesome:
1. They have oodles of super cute and modern designs for everything from Valentine’s Day to Birth Announcements to Holiday Cards. (They even have special announcements for twins as well as New Year’s cards!)
2. Not only do they use 100% post-consumer recycled paper and packaging, but they will plant a tree in your honor with every order and manufacture everything using wind power!
3. Who-hoo – they have rounded corners!
4. They are a local company, based out of California and can get your cards out within 3-12 days = super fast. Plus, they have expedited options which are perfect for those of you who like to order your Christmas cards on December 22nd, lol!
5. They have FREE mail and addressing service. Just upload your addresses and, for only the cost of the stamp, they will send your cards out for you!
6. I can send pictures from your session directly to Paper Culture for you to use on your card design.
Okay, if you’ve read this far, you’re likely thinking that I’ve recently accepted a PR job with Paper Culture, but no — I just love their products and think that they will help to make the card-ordering process a fun experience for all you card-lovers out there.
Just so you know, I’m not the only one who loves them! They’ve been featured in Daily Candy, People Magazine, Real Simple, Urban Baby, Design Sponge, etc. The list goes on and on.
Shoot me an email or give me a call if you’d like to schedule a session to have prints ready in time for Valentine’s Day OR let me know if you’d like use any of your pictures from a recent session for use on your Valentine’s Day cards. I’m still offering the same line of cards that I’ve always offered IN ADDITION to this new line of cards, so you have lots of options!
My next post will be on our upcoming Valentine’s Day Mini-Sessions on Friday, January 21st, specially timed to have prints ready in time for Valentine’s Day gift giving. Can’t wait!